Ayurveda literally means ‘The Science of life’ - an ancient Indian system of alternative medicine and natural healing, that is suitable for everyone.
Inspired by its timeless wisdom, ayurvedic practitioner, Orna Canavan, has found that small and simple adjustments in diet, lifestyle and mental attitudes can have profound positive effects on health and well-being.
Known as the mother of all natural healing systems, Ayurveda helps to prevent and remove disease, thereby our optimising vitality and experience of life.
Ayurveda Galway provides a bridge between the natural holistic practices of East and West, past and the future.
Orna can offer:
- Ayurvedic consultations (diet & lifestyle advice, herbal remedies and treatments)
- Ayurvedic massage and traditional therapeutic treatments tailored to your individual constitution
- Personalised detoxifying, cleansing and rejuvenating programs
- Seminars on Introduction to Ayurveda, Ayurvedic Nutrition, Women’s Health, Pre-conception and Pregnancy Care
- Ayurvedic cooking workshops
- Ayurveda & Yoga weekend retreats
Ayurveda benefits a wide range of acute and chronic disorders:
- Ayurveda has a unique and wonderful approach to women’s health, effectively treating menstrual upsets, fertility, menopausal symptoms, fibroids, PCOS & hormonal imbalances. With its wealth of knowledge and practical wisdom, ayurveda can successfully support women during pregnancy and throughout the post-natal period.
- Digestive disorders– indigestion, colitis, IBS, candida, gastritis, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation, weight gain, cholesterol and obesity
- Imbalances on the level of the mind -depression, anxiety, ADHD, SAD, stress & insomnia
- Joint disorders – stiffness, arthritis, osteoarthritis & gout
- Respiratory disorders – asthma, sinusitis & congestion
- ME, CFS & fibromyalgia
- Skin disorders
- Urinary disorders & infections
- Headaches & Migraine