For up-to-date information sign up for Ayurveda Galway newsletter (using the ‘Subscribe’ tab on upper right of page). Private workshops can be arranged for 4-5 people, a fun way to spend time with friends!
Tuesdays from 22nd January (7-9pm). Belclare Tuam Co. Galway
Discover your own unique Ayurvedic constitution and ways to maintain your health. Over the 6 weeks we will look and the basic principles of ayurvedic diet & lifestyle and how to apply them in your day to day living to improve and maintain health; physically, mentally and emotionally.
You will learn about the importance of the digestive system, how to prevent toxic build-up and cleanse the body. We will discuss some Ayurvedic herbs, simple home remedies and look at treatment strategies for some common disorders.
- The basic principles of ayurveda
- Understanding vata, pitta & kapha and discovering your unique constitution/dosha
- Proper diet and eating habits for your constitution
- The importance of an appropriate daily routine & seasonal routine (Autumn/Winter)
- Understanding the importance of good digestion & eating correctly
- How to prevent toxic build-up & cleanse the body
- Ayurvedic herbs & simple home remedies
- Partake in a small detox
One day Cooking workshop - Sat November 10th 2018 (11am-3pm) Full or Sat November 17th (11am-3pm) Full - New dates in New Year TBC
Ayurveda sees food as medicine and places great importance on good digestion and absorption of nutrients.
We will cover
- Brief introduction to ayurvedic constitutions, nutrition and cooking guidelines
- The 6 tastes & the introduction of spices
- Preparation of simple delicious vegetarian dishes & nourishing drinks
- The importance of a proper functioning digestive system
- How to eat in accordance with the current season
- Preparation of ghee
- Includes comprehensive handout, a delicious ayurvedic lunch, snacks and refreshments.
Private cooking workshops can be arranged on request for 4-5 people. A great fun way to spend the day with your girlfriends!
Women's Health - One day - March 2019 (tbc)
We will cover
- Vata, Pitta & Kapha type Women
- Signs of a Woman's good health
- Natural female transtitions throughout life
- Ayurvedic view of menstrual cycle
- How to maintain a healthy cycle and a nourished reproductive system
- Diet & lifestyle to enhance Women's health & fertility
- PMS, fibroids, PCOS, Endometriosis & Menopause
- Herbal remedies to harmonise cycle & hormones
Completion of an 'Introduction to Ayurveda' workshop would be beneficial but not essential